Anyway, I want to show you how simple they are to make. Through doing a little bit of research I realised that the batter is the same as scotch pancake/drop scone batter (because scotch pancakes are the english equivalent of american pancakes/waffles)
I used Mary Berry's recipe (it makes 4 waffles):
25g caster sugar
1. Place the flour and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the egg into the well and a little of the milk
3. Whisk from the middle until the mixture is smooth, adding a little bit of milk if it too think to mix at all (but the less milk the better)
4. Once smooth, add the milk a little at a time. Whisking each time.
5. Using a non-flammable pastry brush, brush on some oil onto the waffle irons. Making sure to get into the crevices.
6. Using a ladle, place some mixture onto the irons, making sure you can't see any visible iron.
7. Cook the waffles for 2 mins (although it will vary depending on the iron)
8. Cover in maple syrup (I suppose other options may work as well) and enjoy!