Hello Dear Bloggee,
Today I want to invite you into the world that is risotto. Risotto for those of you that don't know is a rice dish, that is cooked really slowly and is super yummy. It is really easy to make and although it takes quite a long time to cook, I think it is definitely worth it.
You can put whatever you like in a risotto, but I want to share with you my Salmon, Pea and Lemon Risotto.
Serves 2 people.
100g risotto rice.
1/2 a large onion
1/2 red pepper
1 salmon fillet
50g parmesan cheese
1 stock cube
1 glass of white wine
Creme Fraiche (optional)
1. First up you need to chop up the onion and pepper and place in a large pan of hot oil.
2. When the onions and peppers have softened, you need to add in the rice. Stir until the rice is coated in the oily/oniony mixture.
3. Then if you have some white wine, add one glass and stir until it has been absorbed (if you don't have wine go straight to stock)
4. Then you need to make your stock, add 1 vegetable stock cube to 1.5 litres of boiling water in a jug.
5. Gradually add your stock, making sure that all the liquid has been absorbed before adding more. This should take about 15 minutes. Keep stirring, so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
6. Whilst this is happening, you need to poach your salmon. Place the salmon in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil and then simmer for around 7 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked. Once cooked, break up into pieces.
7. Before you add the last bit of stock, add in the frozen peas (as many as you want) and stir.
8. Add in the last of the stock and the salmon and stir again. Add in the juice of half a lemon.
9. Once the rice is cooked, take off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
10. Leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
11. Serve with creme fraiche and a slice of lemon.
Hope you enjoy making it.